Friday, December 7, 2007

New Opportunities

Hello Everyone,

I haven't written in awhile so I thought that I would catch everyone up on our lives. Life is changing very quickly for Blaine and I. Blaine has been in the job hunt as all of you know who have been reading the blog. Last Tuesday he went to a job conference. He had 7 interviews that day. He must of done well because he has been asked to come back for second interviews with a company in Columbia, Mississippi on Monday and a second one in Lorraine, Ohio the following Monday.. He is really excited about the one in Mississippi and excited to tour the plant and see the town. We are hoping that he can get one of the jobs, but unfortunately if he gets the job, he will probably have to move immediately and I will have to stay here until the end of the school year which isn't until mid June. I have to finish out teaching this year or I will not get my professional license for Virginia. Well that's the most exciting thing that has been happening in our lives. It's been great to read all of our friend's and family's blogs as well. Keep the entries coming, we love to hear what is going on in your lives.

5 comments:

Veda said...

Hey Heather! We will be rooting for the Mississippi job! It would put you a little closer to us. Veda

Blaine Edwards said...

We'll definately have to get together if Blaine gets the job.

Wilson Family said...

Hey guys,

Indeed the blogging world is fun. This is a great way to keep up. For our part, we're pulling for the Lorain, Ohio possibility. It's only 2.5 hours from us and it's near the greatest amusement park in the world--Cedar Point! Keep us updated!

Wilson Family said...

I see you added "Other Sheep" as well. It's a classic. Don't you feel so hip?

Blaine Edwards said...

Well after a trip to Mississippi, things look promising down there. I don't see why people think so low of Mississippi. It is a nice state. They have wide lots of big spaces, with lots of hills, their cities are sometimes nice, nicer than others I've seen anyways. People on the road tend to go 15 over the speed limit (my kind of state). And even though they are not that great for education, uh, who cares, what does being first in education mean anyways.