Sunday, February 15, 2009

Come on Operator You Got to Patch Me on Through

So I got looking at my blog and realized that I haven't written a blog entry in quite awhile. That's probably because our lives have not been real interesting lately. Blaine's life has consisted strictly of work. During the last month Blaine has been averaging about 70 hours a week, so I don't get to see him a whole lot. My life has revolved around exercising. Why is this? Because I have been attempting to keep up with P90X, walking 3 mornings week, and working out and working at Curves. I'm not quite as dedicated as it sounds, but I do feel like I live in work out clothes right now. I have been enjoying my job though and it gives us a little bit extra money.

Anyhow now the reason for the title of the blog. As everyone knows yesterday was Valentine's Day. Blaine and I have never really done anything for Valentine's Day since our anniversary is just a couple of weeks before it, but yesterday we decided to go to the temple since we haven't been since we were in Utah at Christmas. Our temple is in Baton Rouge, LA and our post title the lyrics to a song about Baton Rouge. Blaine doesn't get to much into the blogging thing but he does like to make up the title to them, so this is Blaine's title.

Anyhow on to our temple trip. The temple is about 2 hours and 45 minutes away from our house, but this is a big improvement from the 4 hour trip to Washington DC and there is a lot less traffic going to Baton Rouge. We left at about 7:45am so that we could hit the 11:00am session at the temple. It was really nice to be back at the temple. Baton Rouge is one of the small temples but it is always amazing to me that each temple big or small is equally beautiful.

(Heather in front of the Baton Rouge, LA temple)

(Heather & Blaine in front of the temple)
After we went to the temple we went to the Bass Pro Shop. The one in Baton Rouge is absolutely huge, and Blaine loves it. They also have a restaurant attached to it which is really good, so that was our going out for Valentine's Day. We hate going out for dinner because it is always crazy and you have to wait in lines for way to long. This Bass Pro Shop is pretty cool because it looks just like the Louisiana bayou. Blaine enjoyed looking at the guns (give a guy one gun and he thinks he has to have even more).

(Bass Pro Shop, Baton Rouge, LA)

(Blaine just inside the Bass Pro Shop)
On our way to the Bass Pro Shop we saw this Beef Jerky Outlet right across from it. Blaine is a major fan of beef jerky so we had to try it. This little shop was amazing they had tons of beef jerky in buckets and they let you sample all of the flavors. They also had several sauces, smoked cheeses and other items. Blaine was in heaven. We bought some beef jerky and will probably make this one of the places we go whenever we go to the temple.

(Blaine inside The Beef Jerky Outlet)


It all in all turned out to be a pretty good day. Of course it usually is when we get to go to the temple.

5 comments:

Turok said...

no more beef jerky outlet if you move to utah!! lets face it...the SOUTH is the BEST!!

Emily Holden said...

Sounds like a fun day! Glad to hear your still alive!

Kristi said...

Fun. Happy Valentines Day!

Allan and Corinne Broadbent said...

That sounds like a great V-Day. You both look so nice outside the temple. That temple is really pretty...well hope to see more!

THE UDYS said...

I have never been in a pro bass shop but I guess there is one in Las Vegas that Mark wants to go but the good new is that it is next to the Vegas Outlet Mall so the best of both worlds. Good job on getting to the temple!!