(Our house right now)

Yup that's it, isn't it exciting. For those of you who do not know, when Blaine and I first moved to Utah we moved in with Blaine's parents with the idea that we would only be there for a few months until we moved into a house. So we started looking and finally decided back at the end of October that we would build a house with Richmond American (not a move that I would recommend to anyone at this point in time.) Anyhow we signed the papers with them at the end of October, then were told that it would only be 4-6 weeks to get through permits and then they can start building. Well here we are 2 1/2 months later and this is what we have.
It is a long story, but through a couple of screw ups that Richmond American made, we didn't even get approval to start our house until just over a week ago and then were promised that our house would be started immediately and here over a week later all that is happened is a small hill of dirt has been moved. I would like to blame it on the weather, but it hasn't been bad during the day when they would be working anyway. So now we are back to yelling and screaming until they actually make stuff happen. So sorry it's not that exciting of a blog entry, but I did promise that I would start writing on it every week and this is about all that has been happening.
We did have some fun stuff happening. Friday night, Utah finally got hit with some good snow, something that really hasn't happened since Thanksgiving, so yesterday Blaine and I took advantage of it yesterday and went up skiing at Solitude (sorry we don't have any pictures of it). We had a blast though today both of us are a little sore. The skiing is one reason we are really excited to be back in Utah.

4 comments:
OH MY YAY!!! Thats so so exciting, I hope things start moving along for you... Construction is super slow right now, We know, we have been feeling its evil rath with Skip actually being in Construction... any ways you would think with them being so slow they should get your house up and cracking... PLEASE keep us posted on that!! How fun... I cant wait for the day we can build out OWN house!!! YAY!
Congrats on your "house" I know you've always wanted to build so I am very, very happy for you.
There are very few things more aggravating than working with contractors. With rare exception, their sense of on time leaves a lot to be desired.
I guess I'm not so good at keeping up with everyone's blogs. I had no idea you'd moved to Utah. YEA! Where are you guys building? That's super exciting! Good luck!
Post a Comment