So this summer I have been an incredibly bad blogger, but that does not mean that Blaine and I have not been incredibly busy. After finally making it to Utah back in June after the fun of packing up our house, we got to go to Bear Lake for an Edwards Family Reunion. This was will all of Blaine's brothers and sisters. We don't get to see everyone all at once very often so this is a big deal. Hopefully this will get easier over the next years, because once we move to Utah only 2 of his siblings will move out of state instead of having 4 move out of state. Thayne, Blaine's brother, and his family moved back to Utah a couple of months ag as well.
Anyway on Monday, June 29 the entire family headed up to Bear Lake. We rented 2 cabins for the week to accomadate everyone. The 1st night we had a big family talant show which included everything from skits to singing with even a little synchronized swimming, well sort of. Unfortunately I was a horrible picture taker on this trip so the ones I have I am stilling from my sister-in-law Cari's blog. Thanks Cari. That night after the talant show we had a lot of spontaneous dancing breaking out. This included both the adults and the kids. There were handstand contents, people doing the funky chicken and even a few injuries, nothing major, just people realizing they weren't as young as they used to be. But that's okay it added to having a very fun night.
The next day everyone headed to the beach on Bear Lake. the water was freezing cold as it always is as Bear Lake, but that didn't seem to stop anyone. Thayne brought up his father-in-law's boat so there was skiing and other water activities. We also rented 2 jet skis that everyone took turns on. Plus there was just a lot of relaxing on the beach.
The 3rd day we had to pack up and get ready to go but we did manage to get a picture of the whole gang before hand. We had a great time and look forward to the next reunion in a couple of years.


2 comments:
Family Reunions are the best. And-your blog background is really cute
I love Bear Lake I hope you took the opportunity to have a fresh Raspberry Shake! I am excited for you and Blaine to return back home to Utah! I hope all goes well with the final move!
Post a Comment