Saturday, September 19, 2009

Alive and Busy

I know, I know, I've been a complete slacker when it comes to blogging, but that definately does not mean that I am a slacker. I have started working full-time again and so it is not quite as easy to blog as it used to be. In my last blog I wrote that Blaine was on his way driving to Utah, well as you can see from the picture below, he was a little ecstatic to finally get here.



Since he has been here we have not really had a whole lot of time to catch our breath. We've gotten the chance to see a lot of family which we love since we have not lived this close to family since we the first 5 months we were married and we lived close to my parents. Each of our weekends have been filled with craziness including heading down to Tremonton with Emily and Brad to go to the Box Elder County Fair, then back down to Perry/Brigham City 2 weeks later to go to Peach Days where I ran in the Peach Days 10K race. I finished in about 1 hour and 1 minute which beat my goal of 1 hour 5 minutes, next year hopefully I can cut it down to under 1 hour. It was fun going back up there and seeing several friends that I have not seen for a very long time.

(Heather exhaused and tired at the end of the Peach Days 10K)


We have also got to spend a lot of time with Blaine's family. As I said in the previous post, we are currently living with his parents, and we get to see Thayne and Amber and their kids several times a week since they live less then 5 minutes away. In fact this past weekend we got to go up to Amber's dad's cabin up by Heber. It was a lot of fun. We have also got to see everybody else at some family parties and look forward to many more of them to come.
Though we have played a lot, both of us have also been working. I have starting teaching in special education preschool in Granite School District. In the mornings I teach a Diagnostic Preschool at Rolling Meadows Elementary and absolutely love it. In the afternoons I work in 3 different classrooms (pretty much a different classroom each day), where I work with children with special needs in general education preschool classrooms. It keeps me incredibly busy, but I am really enjoying being able to teach again.
Blaine stays no less busy. He is currently taking classes at Utah Valley University trying to finish his degree, plus working full time at a computer software company called Orb Six in Provo, and also absolutely loving his job.
So that is what has been keeping me so busy lately so you will have to forgive me if the blog posts are not quite as frequent as they once were.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Congrats on the 10k you rocked it out!!! Im glad your safe and sound, and Busy! ;)

Emily said...

Wow-you are wonder woman with that 10K. I'm glad life is so full for you!

cwilson said...

Good to have you here!!

Emily Holden said...

I didn't know you guys are back in utah. I guess i'm a slacker in reading blogs. Where are you guys living at?

Coral said...

I went to Rolling Meadows! How fun you get to teach there!