Hello again to all of our family and friends. This past few months I have been a slacker of a blogger and I didn't even get Christmas cards sent out this year, so I promise I didn't forget you all and will make sure that you get one next year. Thanks to all those who have sent them. It's been fun to get pictures of your families and read about what you have been up to this past year. I thought that since I didn't get Christmas cards out this year that I would do a quick Christmas card here on the blog about what we have been up to the last year. It will be kind of long since a lot has happened this year, but I lost my camera a couple of months ago so it won't have any pictures so let me apologize now.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Our Christmas Card
We started off this year living in Hattiesburg, Mississippi as most of you know. Not a lot happened at the beginning of the year, I was working at Curves and Blaine was working for Georgia Pacific. Through a series of events, Blaine ended up really not liking his job a whole lot, so we started pondering on what we wanted to do. Blaine has wanted to move back to Utah for quite a few years now so we started to look into opportunities here. (I shouldn't give all the credit to Blaine, I absolutely love Utah as well). Blaine wasn't finding any luck with jobs but lucky for him I happen to have my Master's Degree in Special Education. In April I interviewed with Granite School District in Salt Lake and was offered a position in their Preschool program (which is what I love to teach anyway.) So after a lot of prayer we decided that we would make the move to Utah that following August right before school started.
So in mid August we moved to Lehi, UT and I have been incredibly busy with teaching and absolutely loving it. I am currently teaching a self-contained room for children with Autism in the morning and then consulting in 3 different regular education classrooms in the afternoon, but in January this will change when in the afternoon I will start teaching a self contained classroom for children with behavioral disabilities. Though it sounds crazy (and it is) I absolutely love teaching school again.
As for Blaine, when we came back to Utah he did some computer programming consulting for his cousin's company, but just a week ago was able to get a job in American Fork with a company called One on One Marketing as a programmer. I know that there is a lot more to his job then that, but I can't explain it all. Anyway, for the week he has been working there he has absolutely loved his job.
So beyond what's been going on with jobs, we are busy building a house out in Eagle Mountain, UT. When we moved here, we moved in with Blaine's parents, who are so kindly still putting up with us, until we decided if we wanted to buy or rent. However that decision became very easy with how low interests rates are right now, so we went ahead and decided to build, so that keeps us pretty busy as well. I promise to have pictures of the new house when it is done.
Other then that we are truly enjoying being around our family again. Most of Blaine's brothers and sisters live here, and I get the opportunity to see one of my sisters plus my grandparents again. It has been wonderful.
I hope that this post catches all of you up on what we have been up to the last year. We are truly grateful for this Christmas season and the chance it give us to focus on Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. We truly wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!!!
Posted by
Heather Edwards
at
2:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We're glad you're here!!!
Post a Comment