Saturday, May 10, 2008

Girl's Night and a Goodbye

I took these pictures from Delee's blog, but I wanted to add pictures. Emily is the one on the far left.

Tom and Emily's beautiful daughter Samantha is on the far right. All the other kids are pretty cute as well, I got to teach them all in nursury.

Here's a quick picture of Tom, the one on the right.
I had to include the entire family so I couldn't forget about Baby Tommy (right).


Last night I got to go to my friend Amy's house because she was hosting a Mother's Day party for mothers and those who would eventually be mothers. We had a great time playing games, exchanging gifts, and just talking. I got to hang out with the good friends that I have made here as well as meet some wonderful new people. I am going to miss this area when I at last join Blaine in Mississippi, which is only just over a month away. I have such great friends here, and hope they will remain my friends for years to come. One sad moment of last night is that it was the last time I would see my friend Emily, at least for awhile. Her and her family are moving to Arizona, where her husband Tom is starting a new job. As sad as we are to lose all of them here, I am excited that they are getting to move to the location that they ultimately wanted to get to. So I wanted to say Good Luck to Tom, Emily, Samantha, and Tommy plus the new baby that will be arriving in September.

3 comments:

THE UDYS said...

I always say if you feel sad to leave a place it means you really put your heart into getting to know the people and that it a great quality to have no matter where you live!

Emily said...

Heather! You're so sweet, it's been hard to leave, but we're doing okay here in HOT AZ. I was pretty emotional yesterday during church. I think it might have been some residual jet lag, but mostly because I left the coolest place in the world. I'm glad you get to move on in a month and be in the same place as Blaine for once!

Heidi said...

What a burn that as soon as I make friends, they have to move away. I'm glad I found your blog to keep in touch.