Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

So this weekend Blaine and I went down to my parents' house so we could see my Grandpa and Grandma Hall. My Great Uncle Clive and Aunt Vivian also were visiting and it was great to visit with them as well. Lynz and Mike also came up on Sunday with Addison which was really fun.


Here is a picture of Addison. She is so cute and it was really fun to see her again.

One of the funnest things that we got to do on this trip was go to a NASCAR race on Saturday night. Although I don't think that I will ever be a NASCAR fanatic, it was a lot of fun seeing the race. I have come to the conclusion that these racers must be crazy. They were moving soooo fast. The cars got incredibly close to the wall on the turns. Blaine was timing the lead driver at one point for about 7 laps and he averaged 30 seconds a lap, and each lap was 1 1/2 miles. That is insane to me. Anyway it was really exciting.




This is one of the crashes against the wall that caused a yellow flag.
Luckily none of the drivers were hurt at all.

This was the winner of the the race, Kyle Busch.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! You actually liked NASCAR. Well I never thought. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Have you started your countdown to the 13th yet? Gosh I just thought that you won't be here this summer. UGGGG I'm going to miss you girl. We need to hang out alot more before you leave.

THE UDYS said...

You may be in danger of becoming a redneck if you go to any more of those Nascar races. (Ha Ha) Actually I'll bet it was a fun experience I can't imagine the speeds that they drive those cars!

Kristi said...

That's so fast!!! Thats sooo good that you got to see fam, thats the best when you dont live close!!! Its hard not to see the neices/nephews all the time!!