Monday, January 12, 2009

The Adventures of Flat Josilyn

Well Blaine and I finally made it home for good after being pretty much gone for 3 weeks. After our fun at the Sugar Bowl, we had to head to Atlanta so that Blaine could head to a training. We were in Atlanta over his birthday and so here is the picture of the mini birthday party we had in the hotel room. I did the best I could, and I know that it is not very exciting for a 30th birthday party, but what else could I do.

The night of Blaine's birthday we did go to McCormick and Schimick's Seafood Restaurant. It was pretty good. Afterwards we went over to the CNN center, mainly because we needed to find an ATM. Anyhow they had this huge picture of Anderson Cooper, so this is Blaine with him.



Now to the reason I titled my blog what I did. My cousin Josilyn and her class read the book "Flat Stanley" at the beginning of the school year. For those of you who do not know the story, it is about a young boy who gets smashed flat and all of his adventures. One of the adventures is when he goes to his friends house in a letter. Anyhow now there are several classrooms who have their kids make Flat Stanleys and send them to people who live in other places. Josilyn's class is doing this as a year long project so her "Flat Stanley" which looks like her, has traveled to San Francisco to visity my Aunt Peggy, then on to Connecticut and New York City to see my cousin Corinne, then he headed to my sister Lynsee who took Flat Josilyn to both South Carolina and Tennessee, where I took Flat Josilyn for a tour of the rest of the South. So through Flat Josilyn we will show you the trip that Blaine and I make across the South everytime we go to see my parents. We started out as all of you know in Lousiana at the Superdome to see the game.


(Lousiana Superdome)

We got most of our pictures of Flat Josilyn on the way home, but while Blaine was at his training I headed over to Charlotte to see my family. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this trip, but Flat Josilyn did make it with me to see North Carolina.

A couple days after the game, Blaine and I headed to Atlanta for his training. This is a picture of the capital building in Atlanta. I tried to get Flat Josilyn in this picture, but when she was in it you couldn't see the building in the background. This capital is famous because of it's gold dome.

As we continued our many state drive, we went through Alabama, where we pass right by the Talladega raceway. Here is a picture of Flat Josilyn with me in front of the race track.

Then of course we finally make it back to good old Mississippi. There really isn't much of a landmark in this state so we figured we would get Flat Josilyn in front of the sign welcoming you to this great state of ours.

Once we got back home, after 3 weeks of our puppies being in a kennel, we were able to get them back. I did not realize how much I would miss them. As you can see they made themselves at home again with no problem.
Well as you can see it has been a crazy few weeks, but we are finally back home trying to get back into normal life, if we can remember what that is.

6 comments:

Britni said...

That is actually a really cool idea! How fun for your cousin to see all the places it's been!

cwilson said...

You guys have had quite the adventure. That is a cute idea for the class to do their own flat selves to travel around. Flat Josilyn really made it to a lot of cool places!

Emily said...

You did have a couple crazy weeks. Everything looked like lots of fun, Flat Josilyn had a blast no doubt!

South Shore Salutations said...

Happy to see that Flat Josilyn is still having great adventures! But, I bet your glad to be home!

Kristi said...

LOL that is funny!! I love it!! Oh Im glad you had fun!!

The Edwards said...

Glad you all made it home! It was so great seeing you guys this holiday season.