As most or all of you know, Blaine and I went to the Sugar Bowl last night, and it was awesome. I'm sure all of you know by now that Utah (the underdogs) ended up beating Alabama 31-17. Well that was just the end of great night, so let me start at the beginning.
Because going to the Sugar bowl was an early anniversary for us (Our anniversary is actually February 2, but we decided to celebrate it a month early because of the game) we started off the night by going to one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants. The food there was absolutely awesome. I had the red snapper and Blaine had the scallops. We both enjoyed our meals immensely and ended up sharing some banana cream pie for desert. If any of you ever get to New Orleans, I would highly suggest Emeril's restaurants.
is when you pass it on the street, we almost walked right past it. )
But that was only the start of the night, after eating we headed over to the Superdome. That place is huge. Outside of the Superdome there was bands and a lot of people having a huge party. You could definately tell that everyone was excited about the game. The Alabama fans definately outnumbered the Utah ones, but we proudly wore our red. Alabama is Crimson, so the colors were close, but still different.
Utah sweatshirt on yet because it was like 70 degrees outside and very humid)
Once we got into the Superdome they had the 2 different schools' bands playing. It was a really exciting atmosphere.
because we were on the opposite side of the stadium.)
When we first got in there we found out our seats were surrounded by Alabama fans. This confused us since when we bought our tickets we made sure that we were in the Utah section. We later found out that Alabama had run out of tickets on their own website so they had gone to Utah's site and bought out most of their tickets.
(This picture shows the Utah section of fans. The rest of the stadium was full of Alabama fans with a few Utah fans, such as ourselves mixed in.)

5 comments:
ovLooks like you had a great time at the game. You guys are so fun and impromptu I remember those days. It was a great game I was happy for the Utes they represented Utah well!!
I heard the game was amazing! We missed it because we were flying home...I was sad. That's awesome you got to go!
Wow, it looks like such a fun time! I love the last picture of you and Blaine. You look so cute! Happy New Year!
Go Utes, we were proud of them. I'm sure that Junior Yagi was cheering from heaven. I'm so glad they have that former BYU football player to coach them, HA HA!
Sounds like SO much fun, so glad you got to do that! As much as it pains me to say it (and only because they weren't playing BYU) Go Utes!
Post a Comment