Sunday, June 15, 2008

Parties on the Weekend

So this past weekend was my last weekend in Virginia. I did get to celebrate quite a bit. Friday was the last day of school for all of the students, although the teachers still have to go back in for the next 2 days. Friday night the school through a party for all of the teachers. It was fun just sitting back, relaxing, eating, and just talking to wonderful women I have made friends with in the past year and a ha

Diana, Dalyn, myselfand Renee (Some of the
great people who work with me in the special education department.)

Myself and my assistant Pam.
(I couldn't have survived this past year without her.)



After a fun-filled Friday night, my friends planned a goodbye party for me on Saturday. It was so much fun being with all of the people that I hope will be friends for life. Again we just ate and talked, although the guys did get a game of horse shoes and croquet in. We even had a surprise visitor. Tom came back for the weekend just to check on his house and it was fun having him there as well.

Timille, Amy, Mike, Tom & James

Myself, Julie and Baby Elise


Blaine and I have absolutely loved living in Virginia. We have made so many good friends that we hope to keep for life. Thanks to all of you who have made living here such a great thing. Our friends are the best.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Heather, I'm so bummed that I couldn't go to your party. My niece was getting baptized and I was asked to give a talk. Seriously, it took something that big to make me miss it! So sad you're leaving.

Britni said...

how sad to leave somewhere you love so much! we are facing the same thing. good luck down in mississippi! it'll be a new adventure!

cwilson said...

I'm glad you two will finally live under the same roof again! See you next month!
Cari

drjboo said...

Heather, I am so grateful for the year and a half I've known you here in Virginia. It has been wonderful to teach with you being just down the hall, I don't know what I'll do without you! Who will help me eat the popcorn?? Please keep in touch, and don't forget to send pictures of the new blue wallpaper and orange towels you and Blaine will be buying soon. Love you!

THE UDYS said...

Heather,
Good luck with the move and remember to stay in touch with the friends that you leave behind! I am happy that you and Blaine will finally live together as man and wife!!@