Monday, June 9, 2008

Temple Trip & Seminary Graduation


On Saturday I got to go to the Washington DC temple with our ward Relief Society. I really want to go because I don't know the next time I will be able to attend this specific temple. It is one of the most gorgeous temples in my opinion, but I tend to say that about a lot of temples. I drove up with my friend Timille and a now new friend name Peg. We talked all the way to and from the temple and it was a lot of fun. Peg took good care of us by bringing food and drinks. The drink was much needed meaning that the heat index made it feel like it was over 100 degrees that day. The last week has been horribly hot and will for the next 2 days as well. This Wednesday we will finally get some relief from this heat wave. Anyway back to the temple, Timille and I went to an endowment session with several other ladies, and Peg toured the temple ground, though the tour was abbreviated because of the heat. After the session we went to the stake center next door and had a quick program and ate lunch. It was a great day and traffic wasn't too horrible, which is a miracle when you are driving into DC.




On Sunday our Stake held out Seminary graduation. Because Blaine was so generous and let me take over for him when he moved to Mississippi, I have been teaching Seminary though the last half of this year. Though I have to admit, after the waking up part, I usually enjoyed teaching. I now have a new respect for all people who have early morning seminary. We had 3 boys from our ward who graduated from Seminary. All of them are planning on going on missions which makes me really excited. Though some of them slept or didn't seem like they were always paying attention in class, it seemed like they must have learned something. I hope so anyway. I will say this, I learned more about the Old Testament then I have ever learned before. It has been a wonderful experience.

ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT UNTIL I GO TO MISSISSIPPI

2 comments:

Wilson Family said...

9 days left!! Yay! Time flies my friend! I love the D.C. Temple! It is actually my second favorite :). Early morning seminary was actually my favorite growing up. But now, if I were to be called to teach early morning seminary, it would probably be the hardest trial of my life to be up that early! Good work Heather!

South Shore Salutations said...

You have done a great job in facing twisters and teenage kids that early in the morning all on your own.! I'm not sure which is worse. Have a great move to Mississippi