Monday, July 21, 2008

A Couple Days in Charleston

Last Thursday once I got to Charlotte my family and I headed down to Charleston. My parents old Bishop in Charleston died after an 18 month battle with cancer and so we went down for the viewing and the funeral. It was a particularly sad one because he was only 48 and had a wife and 5 sons. In cases like this it is such a comfort to know that families truly are forever and that they will get to be with him again.

While we were down there my family and I stayed with my sister Lynsee, her husband Mike and their daughter Addison. It was sooo fun getting to see both of my nieces in one week. Lynsee and Mike took me driving down the battery again. It has been awhile since I have been down to Charleston so it was a lot of fun. It was kind of rainy some of the time, but we still enjoyed visiting with each other. I get to go back down to Charleston with them next week so that I can meet up with Blaine.

(Heather and Addison with her new hat from Aunt Ashley)

(Mike with Addison during one of her first tropical mist experiences)
After a couple of days in Charleston we went back up to Charlotte, where Blaine drove up to before he headed to his conference in Brunswick, GA. We spent the majority of the weekend having ping pong games with my brothers and just kicking back. It's nice to have a couple of days to relax occasionally. I love having the chance to spend time with family. One of these days I'll actually get back to Mississippi permanently so that I can find us a place to actually live.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww...family vacations. I'm glad you've gotten to enjoy so much family lately. Good luck house hunting...and teacher job hunting (or do you already have that part worked out?)

Kristi said...

Its sooooo good spending time with fam and those cute neices!! Its nice cause at the end of the day you dont have to punish them, you can spoil them too death!!