So last night Charlotte had a huge rain, lightning, thunder and hailstorm. After the storm was over Nic and Alex went in to the weight room to play the Playstation when Alex declared, "Oh crap, why is water leaking in this room." Well as Lynsee went to investigate she suddenly declared, "I found the problem." What Alex said was a leak ended up being a drain pipe that went into the house which was notsealed like it should of been. Pretty much it was a small waterfall. The weight room had about an 1/8" of water standing in it. The closet where the waterfall was had about 1/4" of water it it, and the adjoining storage room had about 1/8" water in it as well. Needless to say, our family did what any normal family would do. We yelled at my dad to come down and see it, started grabbing towels and buckets, then after we had a system going, we grabbed the camera. We all figured this would be a fabulous thing to put on the blog. Ashley's friend Adrianna, who was was visiting from Utah said she couldn't believe we were laughing and taking pictures of this. Anyway needless to say a call to my parents' contractor was put in and a lot of vacuuming up water was done. We even figured out a great way to see who had do the vacuuming, we played ping pong for it. Whoever lost the game had to do the vacuuming. Needless to say I won four ping pong games and did not have to vacuum. It was a very interesting night.
(Ashley holding a bucket)
(Ashley and Christian displaying the waterfall)

(Dad supervising the clean-up)

Just to keep you up on a few other things that are going on, Tuesday was my birthday, but we really celebrated it on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Monday night we had dinner with my family and had birthday cake, Tuesday I opened my presents and went to the mall, and on Wednesday we had I had my birthday lunch with my mom, sisters, and Nic. Nic had to tag along because the other 3 boys were at a football camp. It has been a fun week. I will continue celebrating this weekend, because Blaine could not be here because of his conference in Georgia. However I will be meeting him this weekend at Lynsee and Mike's house. Below you will also see a couple of pictures of my niece, Addison at Crate and Barrel, just because she is so cute.










2 comments:
What a mess! I hope it didn't ruin anything...and I'm glad you had some fun with it!
Happy Birthday, and BOOOO to the Flood!!!!
Post a Comment